Building Our Social Media Team
We are looking to build a committed team of volunteers who can boost our social media presence and amplify our national demands. We are asking for some minimum level of commitment, just what that looks like will be determined collectively by the team. If you are interested, please fill out this form.
And remember, we are all digital organizers in this movement, if being on the team isn’t your thing you can always share and promote the campaign on your own social media.
Thanks for considering this, We Rise Together!
What is the work of the Illinois Poor People’s Campaign Social Media team?
We follow the lead of the national campaign.
- We are in this for the long haul, we are building a movement not a moment. Having coordinated messaging across the country demonstrates our power and helps build our “brand”.
- We are regularly called upon by the national campaign to amplify specific events, actions and messaging and we are often given digital tool kits to help in that work.
We increase awareness of The Illinois Poor People’s Campaign and its local chapters.
- We aim to have a steady and ongoing amount of posts across all platforms.
- We amplify our events and actions.
We share the stories of individuals in Illinois who are affected by and struggling against the evils of poverty, racism, militarism, and environmental devastation.
- We change distorted narratives by changing the narrator.
We share and amplify the work of local partners and allies.
- IF their work aligns with and is not less expansive then our demands and the coordinating committee supports our participation.