Poor People’s Campaign:
A National Call for Moral Revival
POOR PEOPLE’S MORAL JUSTICE JUBILEE POLICY PLATFORM
The Platform is grounded in these five principles:
1. Everybody in, nobody out. Everybody is deserving of our nation’s abundance.
2. When you lift from the bottom, everybody rises. Instead of “trickle-down, we start with the bottom up.
3. Prioritize the leadership of the poor, low-income and most impacted. Those who are on the frontlines of these crises, must also be in the lead in identifying their solutions.
4. Debts that cannot be paid must be relieved. We demand freedom from servicing the debts we cannot pay.
5. We need a moral revolution of values to repair the breach in our land. This platform abides by our deepest moral and Constitutional commitments to justice. Where harm has been done, it must be acknowledged and undone.
See the full document here.
National Campaign Goals
1) Shift the Narrative
2) Build Power
3) Impact Elections and Policies
The goals of the Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival for Phase II remain: to shift the narrative, to build power among the poor and moral leaders, and to impact elections and policies around systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, militarism and the war economy, and the distorted moral narrative.
Moral Fusion Organizing?
“Fusion coalition pulls people together––not so much left and right and red and blue.” The individuals who form the coalition are gathered around “key issues, moral issues that are rooted in constitutional morality and religious morality.
The Poor People’s Campaign and it’s supporters have brought people from varying backgrounds together “around a five-point agenda challenging the evils of systemic racism, poverty, the war economy, ecological devastation and the nations distorted morality.”
Ready to get more
involved in the campaign?
Learn, Learn, Learn
Seriously, this movement is founded on facts. As Rev . Barber says “If you’re gonna be LOUD, you better be right.”
This is a different way of organizing than many of us are used to so we are all learning together. Click below to learn more about what this campaign is and isn’t and to see a list of educational resources. You will also learn about volunteer opportunities and how to request an orentation near you.
OUR DEMANDs AND PRIORITIES:
A MORAL AGENDA BASED ON FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS
POVERTY and inequality
war economy and militarism
DISTORTED NATIONAL MORALITY
WHO WE ARE
Make a Donation
Join the Movement